Swansea v Cardiff City - Sun 27th Oct - 12:00 - Match Thread

Swansea v Cardiff: What do you reckon the outcome will be?

• Swansea Win

• Cardiff Win

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
The high-flying Swans host the mid-table hovering Bluebirds on Sunday live on SkySports. The last time Cardiff visited the Liberty was a Premier League fixture in 2014 when Swansea emerged 3-0 victors.

S1Kj6Qx.jpg

URJM745.png

yJmUJUl.png

Championship (Sky Sports) - https://www.skysports.com/football/swansea-vs-cardiff/409514
•••

0iZuxim.png

Who is your ideal starting XI?

Score Predictions?

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!

:believe:

:eek:nly:

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
1-1 for me

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
0-6

Fritzel double hat trick

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Lose 1 nil to a controversial handball and Warnock kicks a water bottle into Coopers face.

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I dont think ive ever felt so apathetic to a derby against those bastards than I do about this one.

I really hope Warnock gives his usual tactic of making the opposition sound like Barcelona before a ball is even kicked a miss this weekend.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Cardiff City have just been handed a huge boost for Swansea City clash and the dilemma it now poses

Cardiff City have just been handed a massive fitness boost with Sol Bamba having made his return to competitive action.

The towering Ivorian defender has been sidelined since a horrible knee injury curtailed his Premier League season back in March.

The 34-year-old has been streets ahead with his rehabilitation and has been eager to get back into the fray as soon as possible, however both the player and Neil Warnock have had their enthusiasm curbed by the club's medical team in recent weeks.

The manager insisted Bamba come through at least an under-23s game before he is considered for first-team action and on Monday he was selected for the young Bluebirds' clash against Colchester United for his first outing in eight months.

This, in all likelihood, means Bamba will not be in contention for Tuesday night's encounter with Millwall, but it could well put him in the fray for Sunday's south Wales derby clash against bitter rivals Swansea City.

Dv9cZd4.jpg

Sol Bamba of Cardiff City (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

While Sean Morrison and Aden Flint have struck up a solid partnership at the heart of the Bluebirds' defence, it is difficult to envisage a time whereby Warnock would consign fan favourite Bamba to the bench – especially for a fixture of Sunday's magnitude.

It certainly throws up something of a selection dilemma for the Cardiff boss, especially as Bamba will be desperate to be involved.

And there were other familiar faces in the under-23s squad, too.

Will Vaulks' inclusion ultimately spelt the end for his chances to play against Millwall, too.

In many ways, Tuesday's fixture might have represented the perfect opportunity to introduce Vaulks, who scored in the under-23s outing, back into the fold.

Since August 18, the Wales international, who was bought from Rotherham for £2m this summer, has played just one minute of Championship football and Warnock has said previously that the player is understandably frustrated by the situation.

But with three games in nine days, it might just have been the right time for one of Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack and Leandro Bacuna to have been afforded a break before Sunday's match at the Liberty Stadium.

cf5lFyP.jpg

Will Vaulks of Cardiff City challenges George Moncur of Luton Town for the ball (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

It now appears, however, that at least two of those three will have to start at The Den, perhaps even all three unless Warnock throws one of Lee Tomlin or Callum Paterson into the mix.

Jazz Richards, meanwhile, also made his first appearance of the season, lining up at right back against the U's.

The Welshman has also not featured this season owing to a number of injuries and setbacks he has sustained. He was hooked after 70 minutes.

Summer signing Joe Day and Northern Ireland international Ciaron Brown were also named in the side.

SOURCE: Cardiff City have just been handed a huge fitness boost for derby - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-just-been-handed-17120298

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Cardiff City have just been handed a huge boost for Swansea City clash and the dilemma it now poses

Cardiff City have just been handed a massive fitness boost with Sol Bamba having made his return to competitive action.

The towering Ivorian defender has been sidelined since a horrible knee injury curtailed his Premier League season back in March.

The 34-year-old has been streets ahead with his rehabilitation and has been eager to get back into the fray as soon as possible, however both the player and Neil Warnock have had their enthusiasm curbed by the club's medical team in recent weeks.

The manager insisted Bamba come through at least an under-23s game before he is considered for first-team action and on Monday he was selected for the young Bluebirds' clash against Colchester United for his first outing in eight months.

This, in all likelihood, means Bamba will not be in contention for Tuesday night's encounter with Millwall, but it could well put him in the fray for Sunday's south Wales derby clash against bitter rivals Swansea City.

Dv9cZd4.jpg

Sol Bamba of Cardiff City (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

While Sean Morrison and Aden Flint have struck up a solid partnership at the heart of the Bluebirds' defence, it is difficult to envisage a time whereby Warnock would consign fan favourite Bamba to the bench – especially for a fixture of Sunday's magnitude.

It certainly throws up something of a selection dilemma for the Cardiff boss, especially as Bamba will be desperate to be involved.

And there were other familiar faces in the under-23s squad, too.

Will Vaulks' inclusion ultimately spelt the end for his chances to play against Millwall, too.

In many ways, Tuesday's fixture might have represented the perfect opportunity to introduce Vaulks, who scored in the under-23s outing, back into the fold.

Since August 18, the Wales international, who was bought from Rotherham for £2m this summer, has played just one minute of Championship football and Warnock has said previously that the player is understandably frustrated by the situation.

But with three games in nine days, it might just have been the right time for one of Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack and Leandro Bacuna to have been afforded a break before Sunday's match at the Liberty Stadium.

cf5lFyP.jpg

Will Vaulks of Cardiff City challenges George Moncur of Luton Town for the ball (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

It now appears, however, that at least two of those three will have to start at The Den, perhaps even all three unless Warnock throws one of Lee Tomlin or Callum Paterson into the mix.

Jazz Richards, meanwhile, also made his first appearance of the season, lining up at right back against the U's.

The Welshman has also not featured this season owing to a number of injuries and setbacks he has sustained. He was hooked after 70 minutes.

Summer signing Joe Day and Northern Ireland international Ciaron Brown were also named in the side.

SOURCE: Cardiff City have just been handed a huge fitness boost for derby - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-just-been-handed-17120298
It's great that Big Sol is back in contention - we've missed his leadership. When fit i think he'll be a starter if the injury hasn't had a significant impact. Would be a massive gamble for him to play his first competitive game in 7 months in the derby though.

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
It's great that Big Sol is back in contention - we've missed his leadership. When fit i think he'll be a starter if the injury hasn't had a significant impact. Would be a massive gamble for him to play his first competitive game in 7 months in the derby though.

He's got to be put straight in for the Jack's game if fit. It's just the sort of match he excels in. :warnock:

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
He's got to be put straight in for the Jack's game if fit. It's just the sort of match he excels in. :warnock:
I know what you mean but only if he is match fit and match sharp

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Not fit enough according to the comments of Neil Warnock, post Millwall.

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Not fit enough according to the comments of Neil Warnock, post Millwall.
Having read those comments hes got no chance of starting.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐