🏅 LIFETIME
ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
Reaction score
Reactions
73,267 726 51
Credits
Most teams are training so whats the difference between training and actual playing?

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
5,904 753 9
Credits
First league game of the U12’s season today and Sam’s first competitive match for his new team. It was a local derby between two Welwyn Garden City teams and two of his mates were in the opposition so plenty of bragging rights at stake.

Sam’s team opened the scoring, proper route one stuff with our quick & strong striker latching on to a long kick downfield from Sam and lifting it over their keeper. They pegged us back soon after, good shot creeping in at the far post that Sam couldn’t do a lot about. Our best forward play of the game saw us go in 3-1 at half time.

Second half started badly with Sam’s mate in the oppo walking through everyone to tap in and then another player given too much space leathering it in to equalise.

After that we were under a lot of pressure and they played loads of balls for their very quick striker to chase. Sam’s decent at coming off his line though and came out to prevent 4 or 5 one-on-ones, including racing out of his box to head one clear, which was a real 5p/10p moment for me if I’m honest.

He also made a couple of really decent saves to keep us in it and towards the end we had a few chances to nick the winner but it wasn’t to be. 3-3 at the final whistle.

They’ve not given him a keeper shirt yet so this is what he wore so as not to clash with their blue :hehe:

C4918053-ADED-485B-8939-41DFC9AA1781.jpeg

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
42,048 1,295 72
Credits
First league game of the U12’s season today and Sam’s first competitive match for his new team. It was a local derby between two Welwyn Garden City teams and two of his mates were in the opposition so plenty of bragging rights at stake.

Sam’s team opened the scoring, proper route one stuff with our quick & strong striker latching on to a long kick downfield from Sam and lifting it over their keeper. They pegged us back soon after, good shot creeping in at the far post that Sam couldn’t do a lot about. Our best forward play of the game saw us go in 3-1 at half time.

Second half started badly with Sam’s mate in the oppo walking through everyone to tap in and then another player given too much space leathering it in to equalise.

After that we were under a lot of pressure and they played loads of balls for their very quick striker to chase. Sam’s decent at coming off his line though and came out to prevent 4 or 5 one-on-ones, including racing out of his box to head one clear, which was a real 5p/10p moment for me if I’m honest.

He also made a couple of really decent saves to keep us in it and towards the end we had a few chances to nick the winner but it wasn’t to be. 3-3 at the final whistle.

They’ve not given him a keeper shirt yet so this is what he wore so as not to clash with their blue :hehe:

C4918053-ADED-485B-8939-41DFC9AA1781.jpeg
woody we should all chip in from the forum to buy your lad a keepers shirt and a sponsor and @Glos Blue 's nipper :thumbup:

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
5,904 753 9
Credits
woody we should all chip in from the forum to buy your lad a keepers shirt and a sponsor and @Glos Blue 's nipper :thumbup:
I just ordered him one from "Just Keepers" earlier, tide him over until his manager pulls his finger out. For their pre-season friendlies he was wearing the dayglo City away kit :hehe:

Glos Blue

Banned
Lesbian converter
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🏅 FUNNIEST PHOTO 🏅
🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 17/18 - 3rd Place
Reaction score
Reactions
16,662 226 32
Credits
No match for Glos junior this week. He had a slight cold so his (OTT) mother took him for a Covid test. He didn’t get the negative result in time to play on Saturday but fortunately the back up keeper did a grand job and the team won 3-2.

Here’s the little fella at a friendly match a couple of weeks ago. Custom gloves and everything.
6BCCDB4B-4C95-4C48-830D-1711D2C04DDA.jpeg
92FA0756-EC45-4557-96A7-32F4192D5912.jpeg

BSP

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
15,193 241 27
Credits
Good news for mini football, the FAW are going into Phase 3 from next Monday starting with stage 1 & 2 which means inter club friendlies for U6-U11 can go ahead. This period will last 3 weeks before normal games will be allowed to return.

U11-U16 won’t be allowed to play other clubs until phase 3 which looks likely to be around about 3 weeks time too.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
5,904 753 9
Credits
Another action-packed day of sport in the Woody household.

Kids’ footy was against a North London team today, at home in Herts. The game looked destined to finish 3-3 for a second week running until a late break saw the opposition grab a last-minute winner.

Tough to take, especially for Sam in goal, but he had a good game again and although I’m massively biased, he kept them in it for large parts of the game, probably saving a dozen shots on target and couldn’t have done a lot about at least two of their goals. Like last week, we also had the better chances to put the game away towards the end, but couldn’t take them. Still, they’re a really good bunch of lads and based on their pre-season games I‘m sure they’ll dust themselves down and go again :hehe:

At full time it was a dash home and then straight out to (grown-ups) cricket in a little village called Graveley and I’m delighted to report that at least one Woody was victorious today, as we won a nail-biter by a single run, scoring a nice round 250 and restricting Graveley to 249.

Oddly enough, we’ve just had another Welshman join our team and he turns out to be a City fan. So nearly 20% of our sleepy Herts village was represented by City fans today, in fact it was exactly 20% after our wicket keeper was sent off to his second trip to casualty this season after getting a ball in the face. (He’s OK, a few stitches).

StDavidsWorld