❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Most teams are training so whats the difference between training and actual playing?

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
First league game of the U12’s season today and Sam’s first competitive match for his new team. It was a local derby between two Welwyn Garden City teams and two of his mates were in the opposition so plenty of bragging rights at stake.

Sam’s team opened the scoring, proper route one stuff with our quick & strong striker latching on to a long kick downfield from Sam and lifting it over their keeper. They pegged us back soon after, good shot creeping in at the far post that Sam couldn’t do a lot about. Our best forward play of the game saw us go in 3-1 at half time.

Second half started badly with Sam’s mate in the oppo walking through everyone to tap in and then another player given too much space leathering it in to equalise.

After that we were under a lot of pressure and they played loads of balls for their very quick striker to chase. Sam’s decent at coming off his line though and came out to prevent 4 or 5 one-on-ones, including racing out of his box to head one clear, which was a real 5p/10p moment for me if I’m honest.

He also made a couple of really decent saves to keep us in it and towards the end we had a few chances to nick the winner but it wasn’t to be. 3-3 at the final whistle.

They’ve not given him a keeper shirt yet so this is what he wore so as not to clash with their blue :hehe:

C4918053-ADED-485B-8939-41DFC9AA1781.jpeg

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
First league game of the U12’s season today and Sam’s first competitive match for his new team. It was a local derby between two Welwyn Garden City teams and two of his mates were in the opposition so plenty of bragging rights at stake.

Sam’s team opened the scoring, proper route one stuff with our quick & strong striker latching on to a long kick downfield from Sam and lifting it over their keeper. They pegged us back soon after, good shot creeping in at the far post that Sam couldn’t do a lot about. Our best forward play of the game saw us go in 3-1 at half time.

Second half started badly with Sam’s mate in the oppo walking through everyone to tap in and then another player given too much space leathering it in to equalise.

After that we were under a lot of pressure and they played loads of balls for their very quick striker to chase. Sam’s decent at coming off his line though and came out to prevent 4 or 5 one-on-ones, including racing out of his box to head one clear, which was a real 5p/10p moment for me if I’m honest.

He also made a couple of really decent saves to keep us in it and towards the end we had a few chances to nick the winner but it wasn’t to be. 3-3 at the final whistle.

They’ve not given him a keeper shirt yet so this is what he wore so as not to clash with their blue :hehe:

woody we should all chip in from the forum to buy your lad a keepers shirt and a sponsor and @Glos Blue 's nipper :thumbup:

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
woody we should all chip in from the forum to buy your lad a keepers shirt and a sponsor and @Glos Blue 's nipper :thumbup:

I just ordered him one from "Just Keepers" earlier, tide him over until his manager pulls his finger out. For their pre-season friendlies he was wearing the dayglo City away kit :hehe:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
No match for Glos junior this week. He had a slight cold so his (OTT) mother took him for a Covid test. He didn’t get the negative result in time to play on Saturday but fortunately the back up keeper did a grand job and the team won 3-2.

Here’s the little fella at a friendly match a couple of weeks ago. Custom gloves and everything.
6BCCDB4B-4C95-4C48-830D-1711D2C04DDA.jpeg
92FA0756-EC45-4557-96A7-32F4192D5912.jpeg

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Good news for mini football, the FAW are going into Phase 3 from next Monday starting with stage 1 & 2 which means inter club friendlies for U6-U11 can go ahead. This period will last 3 weeks before normal games will be allowed to return.

U11-U16 won’t be allowed to play other clubs until phase 3 which looks likely to be around about 3 weeks time too.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Another action-packed day of sport in the Woody household.

Kids’ footy was against a North London team today, at home in Herts. The game looked destined to finish 3-3 for a second week running until a late break saw the opposition grab a last-minute winner.

Tough to take, especially for Sam in goal, but he had a good game again and although I’m massively biased, he kept them in it for large parts of the game, probably saving a dozen shots on target and couldn’t have done a lot about at least two of their goals. Like last week, we also had the better chances to put the game away towards the end, but couldn’t take them. Still, they’re a really good bunch of lads and based on their pre-season games I‘m sure they’ll dust themselves down and go again :hehe:

At full time it was a dash home and then straight out to (grown-ups) cricket in a little village called Graveley and I’m delighted to report that at least one Woody was victorious today, as we won a nail-biter by a single run, scoring a nice round 250 and restricting Graveley to 249.

Oddly enough, we’ve just had another Welshman join our team and he turns out to be a City fan. So nearly 20% of our sleepy Herts village was represented by City fans today, in fact it was exactly 20% after our wicket keeper was sent off to his second trip to casualty this season after getting a ball in the face. (He’s OK, a few stitches).

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
It was remiss of me not to update you all on this weekend's game, and in doing so bump my thread in the vain hope I can push it beyond a couple of pages :hehe:

Anyway, friendly this week, as we have an odd number of teams in the league and it's far too early for a rest.

Over in Harlow, which along with Enfield is as far as we have to travel in our little league. It was bloody freezing, too. As I'd been in shorts a week prior, I refused to put my big coat on, which was definitely a mistake. Good performance from the boys though, as they ran out comfortable winners with a 7-2 victory. The opponents were from the division above, too, which bodes well.

This Sunday is a trip down to Enfield, against a team yet to win this season. The new kit has arrived, too. Can't wait.

I must admit I do miss coaching a bit this year, although the fact Sam is now playing a much better standard of football more than compensates. On the other hand, I am now in that small gaggle of parents that gets asked to run the line, and running the line really is a massive arse-ache!

Surely I can't be the only person with some real-life football spectating to report? :hehe:

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Nothing happening here,at least not at senior level,which is a shame as me and my sons business have sponsored our local teams kit and put advertising hoarding around pitch with no one to see them:facepalm:fact is though I’m missing watching the team more, love grass roots football

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Oh.. although I never go to watch them (should really, but it does clash with the City), our village adult's team beat a team called 61FC, 6-1 at the weekend.

120344233_1000820323717963_6323157222906381045_o.jpg

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Well the boys played in a proper stadium today with seats and everything, over at Ware FC. You could get a bacon roll and even a beer. I did sit in the stand for a bit, just for nostalgia's sake, and because Mrs Woody and my daughter came, and they wanted to sit down. I went to stand with the other dads in the hardcore gathering of six or seven ultras pitchside after 10 minutes or so.

Cracking game it was, too. We went a goal down, Jnr Woody being very unlucky to get a firm hand to a low shot only to see it balloon up and creep in at the far post. Our top scorer, who unfailingly scores when put through in front of goal but unfailingly drags it wide when put through either side, slotted the equaliser mid-way through the half. An unlucky OG, caused by a bit of panic at the physical presence of our top scorer, saw us looking like ending the half 2-1 up. Then the ref gave a pen for a handball that none of us spotted, but the bolshy opposition coach shouted loudly for. Jnr Woody loves facing pens though, and saved it to send us in 1 up at half time.

The second half was a mixture of backs-to-the-wall defending, a few decent saves by Jnr Woody and a couple of golden chances missed to put the game beyond doubt. The opposition coach got sufficiently stroppy to warrant a talking to by the ref, who - unusually at this level - was another adult, so wasn't taking any bollocks. 3 points were secured, and we were home in time for the Wales game which, if I'm honest, I had a nap in front of. It's a bloody achievement to be the most boring event on telly on a day that the Formula One is also on, but I think Wales managed that today.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Well the boys played in a proper stadium today with seats and everything, over at Ware FC. You could get a bacon roll and even a beer. I did sit in the stand for a bit, just for nostalgia's sake, and because Mrs Woody and my daughter came, and they wanted to sit down. I went to stand with the other dads in the hardcore gathering of six or seven ultras pitchside after 10 minutes or so.

Cracking game it was, too. We went a goal down, Jnr Woody being very unlucky to get a firm hand to a low shot only to see it balloon up and creep in at the far post. Our top scorer, who unfailingly scores when put through in front of goal but unfailingly drags it wide when put through either side, slotted the equaliser mid-way through the half. An unlucky OG, caused by a bit of panic at the physical presence of our top scorer, saw us looking like ending the half 2-1 up. Then the ref gave a pen for a handball that none of us spotted, but the bolshy opposition coach shouted loudly for. Jnr Woody loves facing pens though, and saved it to send us in 1 up at half time.

The second half was a mixture of backs-to-the-wall defending, a few decent saves by Jnr Woody and a couple of golden chances missed to put the game beyond doubt. The opposition coach got sufficiently stroppy to warrant a talking to by the ref, who - unusually at this level - was another adult, so wasn't taking any bollocks. 3 points were secured, and we were home in time for the Wales game which, if I'm honest, I had a nap in front of. It's a bloody achievement to be the most boring event on telly on a day that the Formula One is also on, but I think Wales managed that today.
sounded a good day woody especially live football a bacon roll and beer part :thumbup:

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Great to see the Wales representation there Woody.

:wales:

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Well another week goes by and it seems I'm the only one watching actual humans playing football in person and trying to flog my thread into its third page :hehe:

Hard fought 1-1 draw today. Kicked off at 12.30 and I'm a little ashamed to say that I was so captivated by the whole thing that I forgot City had played until my mum told me the result after.

Notable parts of today's grassroots game included the opposition being given a bloody pelanty in the first minute, which Jnr Woody failed to save, giving him only a 50% pelanty save ratio for the season to date. We were then on top for most of the rest of the game, equalising mid-way through the first half and only failing to seal the three points due to our big target man's continuing insistence on being lethal in front of goal but unable to hit the goal from any kind of angle. We may need to buy him a protractor or something.

It's noticeable, having come to play at a higher level this year, that there are more bell ends to contend with among the adults. Last week, the oppo's coach needed a telling off by the ref for berating him when he ignored a linesman's flag, this week we had a twat of a parent sat ten feet back from the half-way line disputing every one of our lino's calls. Unsurprisingly, given the terrible example they're setting, their kids are definitely more mouthy to the officials.

In other news, we have kind of poached Jnr Woody's mate off his old team, which I do feel a bit bad about, but he is handy as fuck so needs must, and he'll make his debut next week

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Well another week goes by and it seems I'm the only one watching actual humans playing football in person and trying to flog my thread into its third page :hehe:

Hard fought 1-1 draw today. Kicked off at 12.30 and I'm a little ashamed to say that I was so captivated by the whole thing that I forgot City had played until my mum told me the result after.

Notable parts of today's grassroots game included the opposition being given a bloody pelanty in the first minute, which Jnr Woody failed to save, giving him only a 50% pelanty save ratio for the season to date. We were then on top for most of the rest of the game, equalising mid-way through the first half and only failing to seal the three points due to our big target man's continuing insistence on being lethal in front of goal but unable to hit the goal from any kind of angle. We may need to buy him a protractor or something.

It's noticeable, having come to play at a higher level this year, that there are more bell ends to contend with among the adults. Last week, the oppo's coach needed a telling off by the ref for berating him when he ignored a linesman's flag, this week we had a t**t of a parent sat ten feet back from the half-way line disputing every one of our lino's calls. Unsurprisingly, given the terrible example they're setting, their kids are definitely more mouthy to the officials.

In other news, we have kind of poached Jnr Woody's mate off his old team, which I do feel a bit bad about, but he is handy as f**k so needs must, and he'll make his debut next week
:hehe: keep the reports coming woody nice to hear about live football :thumbup:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now