❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

I bloody love Pato but it has to be said, I can't see where we can fit him in other than to cause hairy-arsed chaos when we're chasing a game.

That chaos can come in bloody handy on occasion. Seems a real character too and not sure we have that many in the squad. I like the fella a lot but if we get a decent bid it seems right to move him on.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Taken from Sheff Wed forum about Pato

He hasn't really been a right-back for a few years now. Watched an interview with him saying he was a striker at Hearts before he played right-back. Seems he's made his way back to that position. Personally, I like him. He's aggressive, excellent in the air, and is a strong finisher with either foot. He can play.

"He can Play" ummm hes in for a massive shock😂
A playmaker he definitely isn't and whilst his technique isn't great he's had some tidy or clever finishes.

Face Paint

Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Most of the championship now consists of teams that try to play football on the deck even we are trying to now under Harris and that's why Pato is going he will be back playing in Scotland or in the lower leagues in the near future with all his work rate and effort can only go so far ultimately he isn't a very good footballer.
Spot on.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
If he goes I'll need a new mug. I like my Pato mug. I hope he stays.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
If he goes I'll need a new mug. I like my Pato mug. I hope he stays.
I'm rubbing my hands together at the prospect of Pato being shipped out and your mug becoming redundant.

:cigarls:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Most of the championship now consists of teams that try to play football on the deck even we are trying to now under Harris and that's why Pato is going he will be back playing in Scotland or in the lower leagues in the near future with all his work rate and effort can only go so far ultimately he isn't a very good footballer.

Paterson was a hero to this board in the 2017/18 season. We loved him here and his old man used to pop in and post occasionally. Such memories cannot be soured by your crusade against Neil Warnock players. He was a perfect fit for that team and, as a wrecking ball in waiting, he would still have a place on the bench in this one. However, at his age he needs to be a starter somewhere.

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
Paterson was a hero to this board in the 2017/18 season. We loved him here and his old man used to pop in and post occasionally. Such memories cannot be soured by your crusade against Neil Warnock players. He was a perfect fit for that team and, as a wrecking ball in waiting, he would still have a place on the bench in this one. However, at his age he needs to be a starter somewhere.
IMO he should be slotted into the team somewhere, or at least used from the bench. He is a better player than most give him credit for and is a true warrior in the Phil Dwyer mode. I reckon his injury sustained whilst playing for scotland slowed him down somewhat, and his subsequent limited starts since has not helped. Please lets not forget the run of good results we had when he was being utilised in the team; starting or from the bench. I personally would like him to stay. I find it hard to accept we can find a place in the team for Marlon pack, but not Callum Paterson. The latter is better in all areas IMO.
SJB

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
IMO he should be slotted into the team somewhere, or at least used from the bench. He is a better player than most give him credit for and is a true warrior in the Phil Dwyer mode. I reckon his injury sustained whilst playing for scotland slowed him down somewhat, and his subsequent limited starts since has not helped. Please lets not forget the run of good results we had when he was being utilised in the team; starting or from the bench. I personally would like him to stay. I find it hard to accept we can find a place in the team for Marlon pack, but not Callum Paterson. The latter is better in all areas IMO.
SJB

Pack has a better first touch, better passing and probably better abs.

Given the formation Harris is putting out, out of interest where would you play him?

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
Pack has a better first touch, better passing and probably better abs.

Given the formation Harris is putting out, out of interest where would you play him?
Not sure where we should play him.. But judging by the games both have played for us, i reckon his touch and passing ability is better than packs. Pack (save a few games) has been utter pants. Only positive i can give him. is when he is playing just in front of the back four against teams with limited attacking quality he looks good. His overall game is not great and his legs are getting old. Sorry i am not a Pack fan, The game against Forest last week and one or two towards the end of last season were good. That is about it. He needs to be moved on for some younger legs.
SJB

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
I'm not a great Pack fan either tbh.

For me, Pato played best when allowed to drift behind full backs, use his heading ability. I'm just not sure how we fit him into the formation Harris wants to use. We only play one striker, no way he replaces Moore. Out wide you'd expect him to be matched by a full back when ball comes across from other side, from Hoilett or Bennett. Does he offer enough to play wide right? Not convinced. Whilst I'm not fully convinced by Ojo as yet, don't think Pato is tricky enough to play wide for us under Harris.

Play off Moore? Possibly, but like I said we play with one striker - Pato would have to play as attacking midfielder / third midfielder. i just don't think he's good enough to play those roles consistently well for us, he's certainly not as creative as Tomlin and Ralls/Vaulks/Bacuna are better as pure midfielders.

Throw him on when chasing the game, I can see that. I'm not convinced that's what Harris wants out of him or a role Pato would be happy with.

He's a character, gives it his all which I commend him for but I just don't think he's good enough to be anything more for us than a maybe throw off bench, maybe fill in at a pinch for the odd game. I also think he need to stick to a position, really learn that position if he wants to be a regular starter anywhere.

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
I'm not a great Pack fan either tbh.

For me, Pato played best when allowed to drift behind full backs, use his heading ability. I'm just not sure how we fit him into the formation Harris wants to use. We only play one striker, no way he replaces Moore. Out wide you'd expect him to be matched by a full back when ball comes across from other side, from Hoilett or Bennett. Does he offer enough to play wide right? Not convinced. Whilst I'm not fully convinced by Ojo as yet, don't think Pato is tricky enough to play wide for us under Harris.

Play off Moore? Possibly, but like I said we play with one striker - Pato would have to play as attacking midfielder / third midfielder. i just don't think he's good enough to play those roles consistently well for us, he's certainly not as creative as Tomlin and Ralls/Vaulks/Bacuna are better as pure midfielders.

Throw him on when chasing the game, I can see that. I'm not convinced that's what Harris wants out of him or a role Pato would be happy with.

He's a character, gives it his all which I commend him for but I just don't think he's good enough to be anything more for us than a maybe throw off bench, maybe fill in at a pinch for the odd game. I also think he need to stick to a position, really learn that position if he wants to be a regular starter anywhere.
Good post mate. Very much spot on. I reckon If we are serious in challenging this season, Pato needs to be in the squad and not moved on.
SJB

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Good post mate. Very much spot on. I reckon If we are serious in challenging this season, Pato needs to be in the squad and not moved on.
SJB

On the flip side, he's very much at best a squad player. Like all teams, we've lost income so if a reasonable offer comes in, imo it's better to lose a squad payer than a key first teamer.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺