Transition season

CCFC_27

f**k the Jacks
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
1,275 363 10
Credits
Little things that are needed like DOF which would make a massive difference this transfer committee is total bollocks and is holding us back big time there is literally no long term planning in the recruitment.
yes but we won't appoint a decent recruitment structure ry that's my point not that it's an impossible change but that's it's impossible for Cardiff to change. anyone who's dealt with any aspect of the club can see it's amateurishly ran compared to any other club our size.

Rydogsccfc

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
Reaction score
Reactions
6,746 546 86
Credits
yes but we won't appoint a decent recruitment structure ry that's my point not that it's an impossible change but that's it's impossible for Cardiff to change. anyone who's dealt with any aspect of the club can see it's amateurishly ran compared to any other club our size.
So you can understand how frustrating that is with the potential that our club can be we can easily be like another Leicester.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
5,904 753 9
Credits
Hindsight is wonderful but a club like Wolves or Watford would've sacked Colin as soon as promotion was confirmed cause they have a long term plan.
Watford would have sacked him whatever happened because they fire more people than Alan Sugar

QuantumMechanic

Wales Call Up
Reaction score
Reactions
460 184 9
Credits
It's impossible under the current regime.

Is the refusal to use a DoF down to Tan or Dalman?

Rydogsccfc

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
Reaction score
Reactions
6,746 546 86
Credits
It's impossible under the current regime.

Is the refusal to use a DoF down to Tan or Dalman?
Both I'd imagine but Dalman publicly said himself that the committee is the way forward no lessons are being learnt theres seems to be an ignorance they are not willing to educate on how other clubs operate at board level.

QuantumMechanic

Wales Call Up
Reaction score
Reactions
460 184 9
Credits
Both I'd imagine but Dalman publicly said himself that the committee is the way forward no lessons are being learnt theres seems to be an ignorance they are not willing to educate on how other clubs operate at board level.
I've always got the impression Dalman fancies himself as someone with football knowledge. Tan not so much.

The biggest problem we've had in Tan's reign is the he's always backed the managers. When it comes to the vaunted transfer committee, they are as useful as a fish in a snooker tournament. I guess Tan also feels burnt by Moody too.

I can't see the structure changing until Tan sells the club.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
5,904 753 9
Credits
"Amateurishly run"

Wigan went into admin and got relegated
Sheff Wed started the season minus 12 points
Reading's former owner basically disappeared
Birmingham breached FFP and had a points deduction
Derby narrowly dodged a points deduction
Charlton's ownership has been like something out of Dallas

That's not even going into even worse car crashes like Bolton, Blackpool, Bury etc

Perhaps we should give The Riddler and call and see if he fancies coming back. After all, we only ever recruited top quality players when he was in charge (when we weren't under a transfer embargo, obvs) and the first team was always chock full of youth product.:nope:

Rydogsccfc

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
Reaction score
Reactions
6,746 546 86
Credits
I've always got the impression Dalman fancies himself as someone with football knowledge. Tan not so much.

The biggest problem we've had in Tan's reign is the he's always backed the managers. When it comes to the vaunted transfer committee, they are as useful as a fish in a snooker tournament. I guess Tan also feels burnt by Moody too.

I can't see the structure changing until Tan sells the club.
The moody fiasco was the turning point which was unfortunate but Tan needs to look at what Brentford are doing especially the moneyball system is fool proof and reaps long term benefits Dalman is just a banker that is a part time Man U fan which made Tan bring him on board cause that was enough football knowledge for Tan to bring him on board and make him chairman.

Jamieccfc

Banned
Master! Master!
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
Reaction score
Reactions
14,271 441 54
Credits
Be prepared cause this might happen and I think is needed. For years we have not had a proper footballing philosophy. We need to move from the pragmatic approach since Malky walked through the door and our recruitment especially in the midfield has been poor. When it comes to midfielders that can actually make the game tick and pass the ball. We keep on signing industrial players and from the Colin period it could be catching up to us this season. Harris hasn't had much freedom due to the lack of funds he has to bring in loans mostly it's only 1 game so it could be a sign of what's to come? or it's just a blip but be prepared that we dont challenge this year and more of a transitioning season cause the squad is nowhere near prem quality like it was last season I didnt rate our chances in the play offs this squad is still in Warnocks image and it's going to take a little while to get rid of the aging dross he brought in. But the blame is firmly on Dalmans and Choos door for letting Colin take the piss and its left Harris with a little kitty to use Moore signing has most likely used up all of it.
This squad was 1 or 2 goals away from the playoff final ffs, you can’t really blame the board in trusting the manager to buy players even if they turn out shit, we need a bit of quality in the middle of the park whats that Scottish lad doing at chelsea billy something, someone like him on loan would be nice, there’s plenty of youngsters available for loan