Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
That's a bit like lumping all the peacefull BLM protesters in with the ones who burnt and looted properties. I'm sure that wasn't the narrative then.

I don't see it as a left/right problem as the far left are no different from the far right. For every far-right neo-Nazi you can find, there exists the equivalent on the far left.
An entire society in the US has become engrossed in their own partisan beliefs and emotional insanity.

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
Although something needs to be done in form of punishment. This will pass in the House but will probably fall short in the Senate again. Will mean nothing really.

He will wear his 2 impeachments like a badge of honor, underlining to his base, how much he was victimised.

The alternative is to do nothing.

It won't go to the senate for a few months, by which time a lot more will have come out about trump's involvement, he won't have the power to suppress evidence and more republicans (I don't say all) will feel compelled to not support him which will be forever on public record.

And trump also has no social media to try and take advantage of victimhood.

It's the right thing to do imo, especially as the alternative is to let it slide.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
The alternative is to do nothing.

It won't go to the senate for a few months, by which time a lot more will have come out about trump's involvement, he won't have the power to suppress evidence and more republicans (I don't say all) will feel compelled to not support him which will be forever on public record.

And trump also has no social media to try and take advantage of victimhood.

It's the right thing to do imo, especially as the alternative is to let it slide.

Not suggesting he shouldn't be impeached, just don't see much coming from it tbh. As you say though, things could change in 3 months time.

Quite interesting reading that quite a few in Trumpland are starting to say that if Trump doesn't invoke the Insurrection Act, then he's a traitor.

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
Not suggesting he shouldn't be impeached, just don't see much coming from it tbh. As you say though, things could change in 3 months time.

Quite interesting reading that quite a few in Trumpland are starting to say that if Trump doesn't invoke the Insurrection Act, then he's a traitor.

I think it'll damage his legacy a bit more - not in the eyes of his base as nothing will, but the less passionate ones. After all, what do people think of first when they remember Clinton? It's being impeached for a BJ above everything else by a mile!

But that's minor. More importantly, I think they're able to include a vote on whether he can run for office again, as well as other things. Maybe the votes won't pass, but if not it's because individual Republican senators have put on public record that what Trump did was ok.

Trump is going to have less clout, especially not being able to bawl them out on Twitter. Although saying that, I've always thought that there are other reasons for Trump having such loyalty; the Republicans were hacked in 2016 as well as the Democrats, but only the Hillary stuff was put in public. I suspect the Republican dirt has been used as a very effective blackmail, and if so then nothing will change. The blackmail is still there.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
I think it'll damage his legacy a bit more - not in the eyes of his base as nothing will, but the less passionate ones. After all, what do people think of first when they remember Clinton? It's being impeached for a BJ above everything else by a mile!

But that's minor. More importantly, I think they're able to include a vote on whether he can run for office again, as well as other things. Maybe the votes won't pass, but if not it's because individual Republican senators have put on public record that what Trump did was ok.

Trump is going to have less clout, especially not being able to bawl them out on Twitter. Although saying that, I've always thought that there are other reasons for Trump having such loyalty; the Republicans were hacked in 2016 as well as the Democrats, but only the Hillary stuff was put in public. I suspect the Republican dirt has been used as a very effective blackmail, and if so then nothing will change. The blackmail is still there.

Interestingly this article suggests that it was a much wider conspiracy, than just a bunch of pro-Trump protestors turning up last Wednesday.

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
I'm not buying this "people got caught up in the moment " nonsense.
They knew it was wrong.
They shouldn't have gone in.

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
Interestingly this article suggests that it was a much wider conspiracy, than just a bunch of pro-Trump protestors turning up last Wednesday.

Yes, without doubt. As we saw earlier in the thread, there were some there with military-level body armour and carrying zip-ties used by police to bind hands together. At the very least, you'd have to put two and two together and assume they were looking for hostages, if not something more terminal. There's no other reason for turning up to a 'peaceful rally' with pepper spray and tasers.

We will also learn what Trump did to delay the National Guard's arrival.

I don't the US can afford to let anyone off for this, and by that I mean the people very high up. They're already expecting similar attacks at state buildings (already happened actually) which are much more difficult to defend.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Yes, without doubt. As we saw earlier in the thread, there were some there with military-level body armour and carrying zip-ties used by police to bind hands together. At the very least, you'd have to put two and two together and assume they were looking for hostages, if not something more terminal. There's no other reason for turning up to a 'peaceful rally' with pepper spray and tasers.

We will also learn what Trump did to delay the National Guard's arrival.

I don't the US can afford to let anyone off for this, and by that I mean the people very high up. They're already expecting similar attacks at state buildings (already happened actually) which are much more difficult to defend.

I found the guy with zip ties quite concerning. Apparently according to one of the House Democrates, the ties along with other security things were held in a box just outside the chamber, the box had been broken open and the zip ties taken from there. None the less worrying but he didn't travel to the protest with them.

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
I found the guy with zip ties quite concerning. Apparently according to one of the House Democrates, the ties along with other security things were held in a box just outside the chamber, the box had been broken open and the zip ties taken from there. None the less worrying but he didn't travel to the protest with them.

Well that does make some sense - the pictures do suggest they've been picked up recently rather than carried around all day.

Shame that the box was spotted by two guys dressed for mischief though.

gettyimages-1294933542.jpg

gettyimages-1294932395.jpg

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits

One of the guys said he picked them up with the intention of giving them to a police officer. :sherlock:

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
I don't see it as a left/right problem as the far left are no different from the far right. For every far-right neo-Nazi you can find, there exists the equivalent on the far left.

But surely you just described what a left/right problem is:shrug2:

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Well that does make some sense - the pictures do suggest they've been picked up recently rather than carried around all day.

Shame that the box was spotted by two guys dressed for mischief though.

gettyimages-1294933542.jpg

gettyimages-1294932395.jpg

Indeed, of all the people there the militia people were lucky it was them that found them.

On a side note it's quite a worry how many of these people were ex military. Bloke in the first pic with helmet on is ex air force pilot I think.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Interesting that Trump is visiting and meant to be speaking from Alamo in Texas today, not the Alamo but the town. Apparently it was chosen due to it's closeness to his wall and the significance of `the Alamo'.

Seems someone forgot to tell him how it all ended there.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now