Trump

Ainsley Harriott

Give your meat a good ol' rub
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits

She can afford to vote for it as it's a 'dead rubber' in the House anyway. Dems will vote to impeach and they have the majority.

The real test will be in the Senate where 2/3s majority needs to vote to "convict" Trump of his impeachment.

I think they need about 7 Republicans to vote for this conviction, along with all the Dems.

Mitch seems to be in support, and Mitt Romney certainly will. So they need 5 more spines grown between them...

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
She can afford to vote for it as it's a 'dead rubber' in the House anyway. Dems will vote to impeach and they have the majority.

The real test will be in the Senate where 2/3s majority needs to vote to "convict" Trump of his impeachment.

I think they need about 7 Republicans to vote for this conviction, along with all the Dems.

Mitch seems to be in support, and Mitt Romney certainly will. So they need 5 more spines grown between them...

Think they need 17 Republicans

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits

They cannot risk him running again can they? He would surely split the Republican Party in half.

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Well that's that fucked then. No chance 17 of them risk the wrath of the Trump looneys going for them & their families...

CNN reporting that as many as 20 republicans are to vote for impeachment.
They are really angry at what happened last week.

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
CNN reporting that as many as 20 republicans are to vote for impeachment.
They are really angry at what happened last week.

One theory is that Deutsche Bank washing their hands of Trump is a sign that Putin no longer backs him, and they are now freeeee

tenor.gif

JJBlueDraggon

Wales Call Up
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
For me, the problem is more when algorithms decide the sort of crap you should or shouldn't see. I've seen my uncle becoming more extreme in his views in the recent times especially on immigration. He is dead against Poles being here, but has not even met one. I point out that people leave Poland and Romania for a better life, and so Rhymney is unlikely to be their destination of choice.:hehe:

Thing is, "social media" is just a group of echo chambers with everyone validating views that are extreme. Suddenly storming into Parliament in Washington DC is normal and justified because a group of 3,000 bell ends have been building up to it for 4 years.

On China's social media platform Wechat, there isn't this problem. There are channels you can subscribe to suit your preference, so for example I like watching comedians so every day they will send me clips of comedians around the world. Wechat isn't unrestricted like western social media sites. You can only see the content from friends who have accepted you. You can't look at profiles from people who are not your 'friends', which is how I think it should be. Wechat doesn't really have this problem of algorithms which dictate what you can and can't see. You subscribe to the things you want to see and you can only see what your actual friends post. There is also many public group chats that you can join for social clubs, nightlife and other things etc... this is the only real opportunity to speak to people online who are not your accepted friends. Although many of these groups depending on what they are will have guidelines of what can't be talked about. So for example many groups don't allow advertisement because of there being a big scammer problem in china. Also many groups permits subjects such as politics in the groups chats. But politics can be discussed in messages between accepted friends.

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
On China's social media platform Wechat, there isn't this problem. There are channels you can subscribe to suit your preference, so for example I like watching comedians so every day they will send me clips of comedians around the world. Wechat isn't unrestricted like western social media sites. You can only see the content from friends who have accepted you. You can't look at profiles from people who are not your 'friends', which is how I think it should be. Wechat doesn't really have this problem of algorithms which dictate what you can and can't see. You subscribe to the things you want to see and you can only see what your actual friends post. There is also many public group chats that you can join for social clubs, nightlife and other things etc... this is the only real opportunity to speak to people online who are not your accepted friends. Although many of these groups depending on what they are will have guidelines of what can't be talked about. So for example many groups don't allow advertisement because of there being a big scammer problem in china. Also many groups permits subjects such as politics in the groups chats. But politics can be discussed in messages between accepted friends.

Wechat is bonkers. People can live their entire life through it. I'm sure you know this, but they even send each other red packets at Chinese New Year (which traditionally contain money for good luck) through it instead of giving cash in person. Businesses are run operating solely on it.

Could be the future.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Well that's that fucked then. No chance 17 of them risk the wrath of the Trump looneys going for them & their families...

An American author who predicted the Trump win in 2016 and his first impeachment said yesterday this one was likely to fail but not to worry as the IRS and state cases will succeed.

I can see Trump fleeing to Russia and being pumped dry of information by Putin.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Looks like they ready at the Capitol building this time

Attachments

• 1610547428082.png
    1610547428082.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 91

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
An American author who predicted the Trump win in 2016 and his first impeachment said yesterday this one was likely to fail but not to worry as the IRS and state cases will succeed.

I can see Trump fleeing to Russia and being pumped dry of information by Putin.

He’s already written the nuclear codes down on the back of a fag packet

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Should make for interesting viewing on the 19th & 20th...

I'll have the popcorn in, the beer chilled, and CNN coverage on the big screen :nqat:

I think it's going to be a damp squid tbh, see no point in groups of protestors turning up due to amount of security.

Could well see something happening in one of the other State Capitols though

Ainsley Harriott

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
I think it's going to be a damp squid tbh, see no point in groups of protestors turning up due to amount of security.

Could well see something happening in one of the other State Capitols though

Police/Nat Guard are on alert for all 50 of them, I've read somewhere (I can't imagine many of the frosty bois up in Alaska will be staying out for long outside their Capitol in January though...)

Ainsley Harriott

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
He’s already written the nuclear codes down on the back of a fag packet

Let's be honest, Trump's military advisors have told him for the last 4 years that the code is "MAGA123" and that if he whispers that into any McDonalds Self-Service touchscreen in the nation, he can blow up the last person who called him names.

And Trump has been spending the last few Twitterless days shouting "MAGA123" at various McDonalds advert posters on the side of bus stops in Washington DC.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Police/Nat Guard are on alert for all 50 of them, I've read somewhere (I can't imagine many of the frosty bois up in Alaska will be staying out for long outside their Capitol in January though...)

They can't realistically cover the 50 Capitol buildings. I would guess the main threats would be at the States being contested though.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
From the BBC :-

A closer look at today's schedule
Lawmakers are continuing their statements. Here's how we think the day is likely to play out. Votes in the House are taking longer than usual due to social-distancing measures.
09:55 EST (14:55 GMT) - This is where we're at now - coming close to the end of an hour's of debate on the rule (not the article of impeachment), between Republicans and Democrats.
11:15 EST (16:15 GMT) - A vote on the rule itself, this could last around an hour.
12:30 EST (17:30 GMT) - Now we'll enter two hours of debate on the impeachment article itself. Again, this will be equally divided between the parties.
15:00 EST (20:00 GMT) - The House will vote on whether or not to impeach President Trump for a second time, with the result expected about an hour after voting begins.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now