💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
43,049 13 301
Country
Wales
Credits
Finished Blackbird last night on Apple TV.

Fantastic stuff. Really liked the way they didn’t go down the usual route of having a stereotypical psycho and actually got the viewer to have sympathy for the crazy mutton chops f**ker.

:clap::clap::clap:

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits

Fantastic stuff. Really liked the way they didn’t go down the usual route of having a stereotypical psycho and actually got the viewer to have sympathy for the crazy mutton chops f**ker.

Such a well done show. And despite the grim subject matter they didn't rely on gratuitous scenes of violence which they easily could have.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 2 15
Country
Wales
Credits
Anyone going to bother with that new Lord of the Rings thing on Amazon? The trailer for it looks shite so I think I’ll give it a swerve based on that (may change my mind if it is recommended though).
The new Game of Thrones thing has started pretty decently I’d say though.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ JOEL BAGAN
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
24,646 5 708
Country
Wales
Credits
Anyone going to bother with that new Lord of the Rings thing on Amazon? The trailer for it looks shite so I think I’ll give it a swerve based on that (may change my mind if it is recommended though).
Slow first episode. Generally OK, visually impressive but slow as scene setting. Hobbiys are annoying as feck - all have shite Irish accents

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
40,704 48 44
Country
Mars
Credits
Slow first episode. Generally OK, visually impressive but slow as scene setting. Hobbiys are annoying as feck - all have shite Irish accents

Surprised it's got this far without some sort of offence crisis

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🤑£ RICHEST MEMBER £🤑
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
43,049 13 301
Country
Wales
Credits
Just watched the first one of both.

Let me start by saying that they’re not really my thing. However my missus and youngest son love them so eventually gave in and watched GOT and the LOTR and Hobbit films. While they’re not my usual cup of tea I got into them both and enjoyed them (once they explained who all the characters were and what it was all about.

First up, the dragon thing was good. Decent opening episode, storyline was easy to follow and there was enough there to get you involved from the start. Looks like it’ll have plenty of potential.

Next up, the LOTR thing. Two words - f**king boring. Barely a story, just dull waffle and uninteresting characters. Stupid f**king hobbits with Irish accents, Lenny f**king Henry. Random black characters and of course it’s the girls that are fearless and adventurous so plenty for the colonel to enjoy. A steaming pile of pc shite and a wasted hour of my life that I’ll never get back.

The worst part is that my missus just spent half hour ranting about it and at some point my youngest son will come down and I’ll have to listen to them both spending all afternoon listing all the inaccuracies and things they got wrong compared to the books.

In summary, Dragon thing is worth a go. LOTR thing is pants.

Rant over.

B Norman.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 2 15
Country
Wales
Credits

Let me start by saying that they’re not really my thing. However my missus and youngest son love them so eventually gave in and watched GOT and the LOTR and Hobbit films. While they’re not my usual cup of tea I got into them both and enjoyed them (once they explained who all the characters were and what it was all about.

First up, the dragon thing was good. Decent opening episode, storyline was easy to follow and there was enough there to get you involved from the start. Looks like it’ll have plenty of potential.

Next up, the LOTR thing. Two words - f**king boring. Barely a story, just dull waffle and uninteresting characters. Stupid f**king hobbits with Irish accents, Lenny f**king Henry. Random black characters and of course it’s the girls that are fearless and adventurous so plenty for the colonel to enjoy. A steaming pile of pc shite and a wasted hour of my life that I’ll never get back.

The worst part is that my missus just spent half hour ranting about it and at some point my youngest son will come down and I’ll have to listen to them both spending all afternoon listing all the inaccuracies and things they got wrong compared to the books.

Rant over.

B Norman.
Just as I suspected :thumbup:

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits

Rant over.

B Norman.
I'm not even taking a look at the LOTR thing, by all accounts it's unbearably wokey and once again the Welsh have been criminally overlooked considering how much Tolkien leaned on Welsh culture to create his stories.

I caught episode 2 of House of Dragons and that again is also leaning further into wokedom with its gaggle of righteous ladies, an inexplicably noble teenage girl swooping in to prevent the hapless men from warring, a random blonde-haired black man slipping home truths to the whiteys and every bloke being either evil, useless, blundering or weak.

Exactly who is behind all of this TV and movie wokery? When will it end?

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,109 74 227
Country
Jamaica
Credits

Rant over.

B Norman.

Can you go off just the first episode?

Plenty of things can start slow and plentlynof things can dry up

That said, I’m watching the rings thing and the only thing I’m liking so far is the Elv bird

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits
Can you go off just the first episode?

Plenty of things can start slow and plentlynof things can dry up

That said, I’m watching the rings thing and the only thing I’m liking so far is the Elv bird
Pics or it didn't happen

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,109 74 227
Country
Jamaica
Credits
I'm not even taking a look at the LOTR thing, by all accounts it's unbearably wokey and once again the Welsh have been criminally overlooked considering how much Tolkien leaned on Welsh culture to create his stories.

I caught episode 2 of House of Dragons and that again is also leaning further into wokedom with its gaggle of righteous ladies, an inexplicably noble teenage girl swooping in to prevent the hapless men from warring, a random blonde-haired black man slipping home truths to the whiteys and every bloke being either evil, useless, blundering or weak.

Exactly who is behind all of this TV and movie wokery? When will it end?

Are they hot though? Surely this is what these programs are about?

small

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,109 74 227
Country
Jamaica
Credits
Pics or it didn't happen

B27A70F4-F7A1-48A7-A564-92409AAC891A.jpeg

Welsh actress too unlucky colonel

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
Reaction score
Reactions
3,620 2 2
Credits

Agreed. Me and the Mrs enjoyed it. We just finished the first season of Dexter (i know it is old hat now) and i got into it. Can see it could run out of ideas in later seasons as a few on here have alluded too. But looking forward to season 2.

SJB

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 2 15
Country
Wales
Credits
Agreed. Me and the Mrs enjoyed it. We just finished the first season of Dexter (i know it is old hat now) and i got into it. Can see it could run out of ideas in later seasons as a few on here have alluded too. But looking forward to season 2.

SJB
Dexter is one of my favourite TV series, series 4 is probably one of the best series of any programme I’ve watched. I’ll be honest it does run out of ideas a bit but still enjoyable and better than a lot of the crap that’s being churned out recently.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits
Dexter is one of my favourite TV series, series 4 is probably one of the best series of any programme I’ve watched. I’ll be honest it does run out of ideas a bit but still enjoyable and better than a lot of the crap that’s being churned out recently.
Dexter was good but they killed off the best villain in the first season if I remember.

Latest Fun Bets

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Members Online