Warnockwatch

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Forgetting the football we played under Malky 11/12 season and Warnock when we went on 2x 5 game winning runs and an 8 game winning run.

We played some absolute shit under Jones as well, we looked like a league above everyone else one week and then dross the next, summed up in one game vs Peterborough 4-4.

I know, DJ wasn't perfect he had his faults as he was a 1 trick 442 pony. He brought some of our best signings to the club in Whitts, McPhail, Chops and Bothroyd especially. He was hit and miss but when it hit, provided some great memories under his tenure. Every time I see the archives of the goals we scored under DJ, it does make me miss those times.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
We won ugly under them pair, we lost ugly under Jones, 6 nilers

We would also win very handsomely too, 6 nilers. Defence was never DJ's strength, it was mostly attack like the championships Kevin Keegan.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
We would also win very handsomely too, 6 nilers. Defence was never DJ's strength, it was mostly attack like the championships Kevin Keegan.
Aye that Newcastle team was great to watch, Keegan’s Newcastle PL team and Jones’ City team have one thing in common, won nothing.

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
download (5).jpg

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Aye that Newcastle team was great to watch, Keegan’s Newcastle PL team and Jones’ City team have one thing in common, won nothing.

He took them up as champions from the old first division in 92/93 season.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Yeah I said his PL team

Achievements aside, you can't deny that we have been starved of some entertaining football since DJ left. The only time that sticks out was the beginning of the Warnock's promotion season like Villa and Leeds at home especially but wasn't sustained as soon as promotion was being considered, he reverted to type.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Achievements aside, you can't deny that we have been starved of some entertaining football since DJ left. The only time that sticks out was the beginning of the Warnock's promotion season like Villa and Leeds at home especially but wasn't sustained as soon as promotion was being considered, he reverted to type.
90pts from 46 games suggests otherwise

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
90pts from 46 games suggests otherwise

The football was terrible to watch in the 2nd half of the season, it was classic Colins results driven percentage football. We won a lot of games via a set piece, like Malky did also.

Last edited:

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
The football was terrible to watch in the 2nd half of the season, it was classic Colins results driven percentage football. We won a lot of games via a set piece, like Malky did also.
2nd half of the season

Battered Leeds 4-1, battered Sunderland 4-0, battered your bum boys Brentford away 3-1, Norwich away 2-0 (stunner from Hoilett and Zohore wrong footing their keeper), Hull away Morison sticking one in the top corner after an amazing counter.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
2nd half of the season

Battered Leeds 4-1, battered Sunderland 4-0, battered your bum boys Brentford away 3-1, Norwich away 2-0 (stunner from Hoilett and Zohore wrong footing their keeper), Hull away Morison sticking one in the top corner after an amazing counter.

We were very direct in those games, played to our strengths and got the ball into the box for Pato to attack. It got the job done but its not sustainable long term. Don't forget we also lost 4 games in a row at Christmas playing absolutely awful football.

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
That DJ didn't get us promoted like Malky and Warnock did.
Can someone explain to Nozzle what a trump card is please?:hehe:

You only like DJ so much because he was your first manager when you started supporting City. Nothing wrong with that of course.
You should listen to the Undr the Cosh podcasts with ex city players, who played under him. They all say he was useless, he just had a talented squad.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Can someone explain to Nozzle what a trump card is please?:hehe:

You only like DJ so much because he was your first manager when you started supporting City. Nothing wrong with that of course.
You should listen to the Undr the Cosh podcasts with ex city players, who played under him. They all say he was useless, he just had a talented squad.

Every time I mention DJ when Malky or Warnock are claimed to be our best managers in recent times, it's always "DJ never got us promoted" that's the trump card I'm talking about. It's true he didn't, he wasn't perfect but I don't half miss the football we played at times under him. We haven't had a prolific strike force since Chops and Bothroyd.

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
Every time I mention DJ when Malky or Warnock are claimed to be our best managers in recent times, it's always "DJ never got us promoted" that's the trump card I'm talking about. It's true he didn't, he wasn't perfect but I don't half miss the football we played at times under him. We haven't had a prolific strike force since Chops and Bothroyd.
We know what you said and we also know that isn’t what a trump card is. :hehe:25% mince

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now