Welsh Independence

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
You didn't even watch it
Obviously. Neither of us did (I'm sure you would have popped along if you weren't wrapped up in your blanket at home because of your runny nose)... But I'm not claiming that I know how many people were there based off a photo and bullshit logic :hehe:

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
I watched it. Some of our lads were at the Borough

John Cena Omg GIF

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Brilliant turn out on Saturday for the AUOB march, 10k plus on a day of a train strike was a magnificent effort. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

PXL_20221001_112148267.jpg

PXL_20221001_110009544.jpg

PXL_20221001_120823887.jpg
6,900 children. No union flags.

Same as the last march, the one before that and the one before that.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Nicola Spurgeon getting schooled by Laura keunsssssberg this morning on her show.
She let the Scottish leader ramble on about Scottish indy to then show her a graph from a latest poll.
Less than 45% would vote indy.
And 25% want a referendum in the next 12 months.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Nicola Spurgeon getting schooled by Laura keunsssssberg this morning on her show.
She let the Scottish leader ramble on about Scottish indy to then show her a graph from a latest poll.
It's not even news. Just a small minority of malcontents, pursuing the same noisy demands with a backdrop of a completely disinterested majority.
Fortunately the sensible adults in Wales have seen the indy hysteria for exactly what it is, a 70+ year campaign which has achieved nothing.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
We know how misleading polls and projections can be.

Chris Peplow

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Aye but 55% voted for Fortune-West 😂

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
We know how misleading polls and projections can be.
Agreed, but the problem is, Sturgeon is a one issue person.

If you take railing against Westminster, wanting independence away then Sturgeon would be judged on the performance of SNP policies. There are increasing drug deaths, worst in Europe. Educational standards and attainments falling. Trans women preferred over biological women. That's why Sturgeon won't abide by the referendum result and keeps pushing, it's a useful deflection tactic.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits

If you take railing against Westminster, wanting independence away then Sturgeon would be judged on the performance of SNP policies. There are increasing drug deaths, worst in Europe. Educational standards and attainments falling. Trans women preferred over biological women. That's why Sturgeon won't abide by the referendum result and keeps pushing, it's a useful deflection tactic.
Tired Britney Spears GIF

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

I don't really have a view on Scottish independence but was just commenting as 5% feck all in a poll. SNP will keep pushing for refendum and if they lose they'll find a pretext for a new one sooner than previously agreed. They only have to win once.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
I don't really have a view on Scottish independence but was just commenting as 5% feck all in a poll. SNP will keep pushing for refendum and if they lose they'll find a pretext for a new one sooner than previously agreed. They only have to win once.
The lack of support for an independence vote this year undermines her plans though. "The public want this". "Nah, we don't".

If the latter point you make, which I agree with, is the case, then what's to stop Scottish Labour demanding new general elections every year as they disagree with the result?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The lack of support for an independence vote this year undermines her plans though. "The public want this". "Nah, we don't".

If the latter point you make, which I agree with, is the case, then what's to stop Scottish Labour demanding new general elections every year as they disagree with the result?
I think I'm misunderstanding your point at the end - you can't demand (not effectively anyhow) elections when in Opposition.

With regards your first para the British public at large didn't want a vote on Brexit yet here we are.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
I think I'm misunderstanding your point at the end - you can't demand (not effectively anyhow) elections when in Opposition.

With regards your first para the British public at large didn't want a vote on Brexit yet here we are.
The point was referencing complaining about a democratic decision. "We don't like the decision, public must be wrong, vote again". Long term, that approach loses more support than it gains.

The Brexit vote was something that the political elite delayed. Nobody got a vote on Maastricht, passing of which formed the EU in the first instance. British public were taken from a trading block into a trading block + social, political institutions without ever having a say - in the GE before, none of the major parties were against it. A lot of the issues could well have been headed off at the pass if a referendum was held about taking us into the EU. As that never happened, Tory divisions over the issue simply festered. Cameron believed the public were enthralled with everything EU, went to EU to get a deal which he could use to show Britain actually had influence and the EU was a jolly good place to be. Senior EU officials and national leaders ridiculed the deal making Cameron look a fool and, well, we know what happened.

Now, the public may well have not wanted a vote on Brexit, but they sure as hell turned up to vote on it irrespective of which side they voted for. If there were yearly calls for a referendum about rejoining, those would be mocked.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now