Were those the same players as Friday?

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
Og's now tied with Ng as our top Championship scorer!

Thanks Bob, others on this site have said that the squad and Bulut's style of play is better suited to playing away. I think this is true, but surely by now the manager should be capable of adjusting the way we play at home to take the game to the opposition. As you have said why do we always have to play with 2 sitting defensive type midfielders at home? What law prohibits us from playing with more than 1 creative midfielder other than Bulut's law. By and large it is our away form which has seen us higher up the table than last year. But at home we are boring and unproductive. The dramatic finish with Ipswich only happened because we ended up with more attacking minded players on the pitch because Bulut had no choice.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Thanks Bob, others on this site have said that the squad and Bulut's style of play is better suited to playing away. I think this is true, but surely by now the manager should be capable of adjusting the way we play at home to take the game to the opposition. As you have said why do we always have to play with 2 sitting defensive type midfielders at home? What law prohibits us from playing with more than 1 creative midfielder other than Bulut's law. By and large it is our away form which has seen us higher up the table than last year. But at home we are boring and unproductive. The dramatic finish with Ipswich only happened because we ended up with more attacking minded players on the pitch because Bulut had no choice.
Those are all fair points. Bulut is the latest in a line of managers to play inconsistent and often cautious football at home but to his credit he does tend to be quite gung ho if we're losing.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Yes, that was my opinion, but I think we have to remember that Bulut hasn't had two creative midfielders at his disposal for most of the season.

It's only with the arrival of Turnbull and Rambo on the way back that those options have been boosted. He has tried playing Wintle further forward, but that is not his game. Ralls and Rambo have been absent or fragile, which has pretty much left Hobson's choice when it comes to midfield.

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
Yes, that was my opinion, but I think we have to remember that Bulut hasn't had two creative midfielders at his disposal for most of the season.

It's only with the arrival of Turnbull and Rambo on the way back that those options have been boosted. He has tried playing Wintle further forward, but that is not his game. Ralls and Rambo have been absent or fragile, which has pretty much left Hobson's choice when it comes to midfield.
Maybe true, but even since Turnbull's arrival Bulut has shown no inclination.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Maybe true, but even since Turnbull's arrival Bulut has shown no inclination.
Ralls has had a good season and is pivotal to the balance of the side, but if he plays then either Wintle or Siopis has to play as well. That just leaves one place. The alternative would have been to not play Ralls and throw in Colwill with Turnbull, but I think it is only now that Turnbull is coming to terms with the demands of this division.

It is frustrating, but I can understand the caution. Bulut didn't get the players he wanted and he is having to do with Pound Shop alternatives.

William Smith

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
💩 CRAP JOKE 2021 💩
Credits
All good points ,our midfield has been a major concern for this and quite a few before .Bulut has tried many combinations,and what we have at present I think Ralls when fit is essential .Would like to see Ramsey have a run of games now in the number 10 roll behind a striker .or even Colwill in that spot.The only problem with Ramsey though he gets frustrated and drops deep to try to influence the play .I would persevere with the same midfield as yesterday I feel Turnball will be an asset there given the chance Sio adds the energy and Ralls is steady .We need to put some decent performances in especially at home fans frustration in what we've witnessed at home is warranted and many need to be convinced it's worth investing in a season ticket for next season .:bluebird:

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
Ralls has had a good season and is pivotal to the balance of the side, but if he plays then either Wintle or Siopis has to play as well. That just leaves one place. The alternative would have been to not play Ralls and throw in Colwill with Turnbull, but I think it is only now that Turnbull is coming to terms with the demands of this division.

It is frustrating, but I can understand the caution. Bulut didn't get the players he wanted and he is having to do with Pound Shop alternatives.
I think its clear that a Ralls / Wintle Partnership does not work. The balance of Siopis plus Ralls is better. But it is up to the manager to find a more progressive system at home which is productive. I think the pound shop alternatives is stretching it a bit. Our wage bill is still high for the division. Bakesetas was never really an option - Bulut said that himself on several occasions.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
I think its clear that a Ralls / Wintle Partnership does not work. The balance of Siopis plus Ralls is better. But it is up to the manager to find a more progressive system at home which is productive. I think the pound shop alternatives is stretching it a bit. Our wage bill is still high for the division. Bakesetas was never really an option - Bulut said that himself on several occasions.
Understand all of that, but it doesn't alter the fact that we don't yet have the creative midfielders to set up as you suggest.

If Bulut does have a realistic grasp of the financial constraints under which he has to work and is happy to do so, then I'm all for giving him a contract.

I am sure that he would like more attacking midfield options and maybe with a decent end to the season and an entire summer window to work in, it may be easier to tie down some of the bargain European players that will be out there.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Understand all of that, but it doesn't alter the fact that we don't yet have the creative midfielders to set up as you suggest.

If Bulut does have a realistic grasp of the financial constraints under which he has to work and is happy to do so, then I'm all for giving him a contract.

I am sure that he would like more attacking midfield options and maybe with a decent end to the season and an entire summer window to work in, it may be easier to tie down some of the bargain European players that will be out there.
The problem we have is that high quality, well rounded, consistent midfielders that are creative cost a premium in fees and wages. No offence to Turnbull but so far he's suggested a couple of million doesn't buy you much these days.

Even if Tan releases the funds we have to scout the right player, beat off competition and then integrate him into quite an average squad where wages have been cut. Realistically we're probably better off loaning a high quality player in again

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
The problem we have is that high quality, well rounded, consistent midfielders that are creative cost a premium in fees and wages. No offence to Turnbull but so far he's suggested a couple of million doesn't buy you much these days.

Even if Tan releases the funds we have to scout the right player, beat off competition and then integrate him into quite an average squad where wages have been cut. Realistically we're probably better off loaning a high quality player in again
I think you have to go into loan market and get a talented Premier League youngster. I was very impressed with Tylor Morton for Hull yesterday. He is on loan from Liverpool. Although he is classed as a defensive midfielder I thought he was excellent in possession. He was able to receive the ball and turn to play the ball through midfield. Ralls and Wintle can only pass the way they are facing. In fairness Siopis can sometimes take the ball on the turn and Colwill does it well.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I think you have to go into loan market and get a talented Premier League youngster. I was very impressed with Tylor Morton for Hull yesterday. He is on loan from Liverpool. Although he is classed as a defensive midfielder I thought he was excellent in possession. He was able to receive the ball and turn to play the ball through midfield. Ralls and Wintle can only pass the way they are facing. In fairness Siopis can sometimes take the ball on the turn and Colwill does it well.
I think Siopis is a really useful player when he has progressive players around him. He can pass well when he has options (not creative per se but forward thinking) but looks lost and frustrated when people aren't showing. I've seen on quite a few occasions him looking for people in spots where they should be, found them missing and then getting closed down with only bad or negative options. For me, he's a good enough box to box midfielder but we need better players to get the most out of him.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now