What are you reading?

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I've ramped up the reading as I've got a bit of time on my hands recently.
Reading a diverse mix at the moment. One of Lee Child's Jack Reacher episodes, James Patterson's The People versus Alex Cross. And The Qur An by Muhammad Ghali :sherlock:

LzHPs1K.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
I re downloaded Bellamys book on kindle.

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Why are you faffing about with books when you could be watching telly mun?
:hehe:

I might even try an audio book.
Let someone else turn the pages for me, and save eye erosion.
Cos I believe that people that read books will end up with smaller eyes from erosion by constantly moving their eyeballs from left to right from reading.

Vimto

Time for a break .. ;)
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits

Cos I believe that people that read books will end up with smaller eyes from erosion by constantly moving their eyeballs from left to right from reading.
:facepalm: :fedup: :hehe:

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits

Eye erosion :hehe:

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits

Interesting point that. To counteract the repetitive eye movement The Qur An reads from back to front as it's written right to left.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
50 years of acting duties such as reading scripts and talking out loud have taken their toll on George Clooney

f6c.jpg

adz-a32

GRAMMY WINNER
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
And The Qur An by Muhammad Ghali

Not read that in ages (assuming you are referring to a translation). In my parents' place, our Qur'an sits happily with the Bible. All love :thumbup:

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Not read that in ages (assuming you are referring to a translation). In my parents' place, our Qur'an sits happily with the Bible. All love :thumbup:
Yep it's translation and it's one where the author claims to have tried to translate as accurately as possible when taking into account some words and phrases do not have an equivalent

adz-a32

GRAMMY WINNER
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Yep it's translation and it's one where the author claims to have tried to translate as accurately as possible when taking into account some words and phrases do not have an equivalent

I love the positive vibes. I admit I am not the best Muslim out there but I am quite spiritual, with influences beyond Islam too :thumbup:

Surah Ad-Dhuha (93) is my fave part, got me through a lot tbh

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I love the positive vibes. I admit I am not the best Muslim out there but I am quite spiritual, with influences beyond Islam too :thumbup:

Surah Ad-Dhuha (93) is my fave part, got me through a lot tbh
As with the Bible. If part of someone's religion helps them through life's tribulations it's good to see. I'm a natural sceptic of many things, but always looking to interpret various religious aspects. As they've had a massive impact on mankind .

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
'Rock stars stole my life' by Mark Ellen, nice read if you enjoy music.

adz-a32

GRAMMY WINNER
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
As with the Bible. If part of someone's religion helps them through life's tribulations it's good to see. I'm a natural sceptic of many things, but always looking to interpret various religious aspects. As they've had a massive impact on mankind .

Personally, I don't really believe in mainstream/'traditional' Islam as there are many things I disagree with such as LGBT+ rights (I put traditional in inverted commas as there was a gay (or bisexual, I don't remember the full details) Caliph)

adz-a32

GRAMMY WINNER
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Okay making it secular: I am reading Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt and Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Presently reading a series by LT Ryan similar to the Reacher novels . I think Lee Child has the edge.

An author I have read completely is John Sandford. The Lucas Davenport series has been going for years and gave rise to the Virgil Flowers novels.

Very different are the Stuart MacBride thrillers about north east Scotland. Bloody gory stuff (especially Flesh House) and enough to put you off ever going to Aberdeen. Just ordered the most recent book, The Blood Road.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now