What year did you begin supporting Cardiff?

Rico59

First Team Regular
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
The only late season match I can see is 21/03/1969 (68/69 season) City drew 2 - 2 with Portsmouth. :sherlock:

(I have probably got the programme here somewhere)
Could well be TDA to be honest for fifty years I had that game in my mind and thats what I've always believed? I know I was hooked after that game and I've loved the City ever since 👍

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Could well be TDA to be honest for fifty years I had that game in my mind and thats what I've always believed? I know I was hooked after that game and I've loved the City ever since 👍
For many years I was convinced that Boro' had a player making his debut sent off in the 1966 match that was my first game. Brian Myton did get sent off on his debut against us, but that was two seasons later after Boro' had been promoted back to Div 2.

TOBW mentions it here in 2010, but I had previously gone to the extreme of contacting the club archivist at Middlesbro', who searched out the records and clarified the situation.

D

deleted

1984 home v Watford in the league cup. we won 1-0, I sat in the Canton stand. My neighbour was from Northampton and he took me. Thinking about it he was probably a Watford fan, and didn't want his head kicked in so took me. the smells, sounds and floodlights were amazing to a 9 year old.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
My first game was Sheff Utd in 1989. A thrilling 0-0 draw

Rico59

First Team Regular
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
For many years I was convinced that Boro' had a player making his debut sent off in the 1966 match that was my first game. Brian Myton did get sent off on his debut against us, but that was two seasons later after Boro' had been promoted back to Div 2.

TOBW mentions it here in 2010, but I had previously gone to the extreme of contacting the club archivist at Middlesbro', who searched out the records and clarified the situation.

TDA followed the City all through the mid to late seventies home and away on the Barry ok corral bus???
Played local league football for most of the eighties with the odd City game 👍
Been back watching since the nineties, Really enjoyed the rams early 2000's and gone full circle if I do go away it would be on the Barry Bus from the local pub:aya::aya:

philstantsrifle

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
For me, it was Doncaster at home, midweek ‘85/86. We lost 0-2. I remember my dad lifting me over the turnstile, and standing right at the front of the Bob bank by the big fencing, looking back at the crowd (not that it would have been particularly big). I was 5. Funny what sticks in your memory.

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
0-0 draw v Darlo at home 1992 on the Bob bank. Although I had some city fans in the family they’d never taken me do I’d just been a tv football fan up until me and my mates got cars and were able to get to NP from the valleys. Chose a good season to start.

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
For me there are 2 answers to this question. As a kid my dad would ocasionally take me. The 1st game I can remember is v Man City in the FA Cup in 1967. We drew 1-1. I used to go occasionally with older relatives to big games - I saw the famous Real Madrid game, and watched the game against Leeds Utd in the FA Cup in 72 .......when I supported Leeds. Yes Dirty fecking Leeds. As a kid they were my team. Then in 1976, I was in Cardiff with my then girlfriend to watch Jaws, but we couldn't get in as the cinema was full. So I suggested we went to watch City v Brighton - the famous game that was on MOTD and Adrian Alston tried to score from the kick-off. And that was it .... I was hooked, been a supporter ever since and a season ticket holder for 25 years. Oh and I fucking hate Leeds now.

CCFC_27

Fuck the Jacks
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Was that when it pissed down all game? I was on the Bob bank terrace & I don't think I've ever been as wet.
I barely know who we played mate no idea what the weather was doing :hehe: having looked it up the first game was indeed southampton home. we won 2-1.

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
For me there are 2 answers to this question. As a kid my dad would ocasionally take me. The 1st game I can remember is v Man City in the FA Cup in 1967. We drew 1-1. I used to go occasionally with older relatives to big games - I saw the famous Real Madrid game, and watched the game against Leeds Utd in the FA Cup in 72 .......when I supported Leeds. Yes Dirty fecking Leeds. As a kid they were my team. Then in 1976, I was in Cardiff with my then girlfriend to watch Jaws, but we couldn't get in as the cinema was full. So I suggested we went to watch City v Brighton - the famous game that was on MOTD and Adrian Alston tried to score from the kick-off. And that was it .... I was hooked, been a supporter ever since and a season ticket holder for 25 years. Oh and I f**king hate Leeds now.
Yeah thats all well and good,but the question on everyones lips is...what happened to your girl friend:shrug:

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
That Man City game in 67 was memorable for me for a few reasons
1 My old man ,expecting a big crowd took a Saturday morning off work which never ever happened
2 We got to Cardiff so early we ended up parking in the civic centre and he took me in to the National museum,and I’ve never been in there since
3 It pissed down and we got soaked walking to NP
4 And I’m not so sure about this but I seem to remember Graham Coldrick scoring with a bullet header for Man Cit,only problem was he played for us
5 This definitely happened my dad bought us tickets for the Canton stand,(he must have had a win on the horses) and on the way out we where queuing behind a father and son Man City fans and the kid was picking the paint off the wall of the stand,and I wanted to give him a dig....funny how a young mind works innit:hehe:

Last edited:

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
Credits
That Man City game in 67 was memorable for me for a few reasons
1 My old man ,expecting a big crowd took a Saturday morning off work which never ever happened
2 We got to Cardiff so early we ended up parking in the civic centre and he took me in to the National museum,and I’ve never been in there since
3 It pissed down and we got soaked walking to NP
4 And I’m not so sure about this but I seem to remember Graham Coldrick scoring with a bullet header for Man Cit,only problem was he played for us
5 This definitely happened my dad bought us tickets for the Canton stand,(he must have had a win on the horses) and on the way out we where queuing behind a father and son Man City fans and the kid was picking the paint off the wall of the stand,and I wanted to give him a dig....funny how a young mind works innit:hehe:

The player I remember from that game was Greg Farrell. I always liked the wingers, as that is where I (sort of) played.

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The player I remember from that game was Greg Farrell. I always liked the wingers, as that is where I (sort of) played.
A really great player on his day.....trouble was he didn’t have many days:shrug:

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Funny you mentioned Greg Farrell who was famous for his match winning performance against Middlesbrough in 1966 which kept us up,but like I said he was very hot and cold, and to be honest cold most of the time.There was a rumour going round while he played for the City that he had played a part in a robbery of some kind alledgedly,and when he struggled against a full back,fans would shout hit him with your jemmy Farrell:hehe:

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
First game I got tagged along to some mate at the time's birthday. Thought it was later, but thinking about it, it must've been about '81. No idea who we were playing, stuck in the back of the grandstand, it was all very sterile and just didn't really grab me.

Didn't go back 'til about '85 or '86. But straight away, being in the Bob Bank, I was hooked. Have been to plenty of games throughout the UK, Europe and further afield, and nothing compares to those times on the Bob Bank. Don't get me wrong, am happy the Club has progressed, and often have to pinch myself cos of the journey we've been on since then. But there was some indescribable magic of NP and the Bob Bank that I'm so glad to have experienced, and will never leave me

TroggBlue

Ballon d’Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I only ever went to NP twice and can't remember a lot other than I know I was at a a game where we lost to Norwich, maybe 08/09 season?

First game at CCS was a 6-1 win vs Derby, been going regularly ever since.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
1989/90 v QPR in the fa cup up until that time i was a lverpool fan and by brother was a QPR fan. the 3rd round draw was swansea v liverpool and cardiff v QPR and it was easier to get tickets for city strangely :hehe: anyway my my mate invited me down when i was in school in the 91/92 season for a 3-0 victory over york city and i never looked back even sitting near dair hunt when they put the seats in the top half of the bob bank. season after didn't miss a home game and went away as well. haven't looked back :bluebird:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now