2022/23 Confirmed Signings

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Great passing player otherwise 31 :hehe: fitness we will see.

1657105283991.png

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits

The problem is that the players brought in are much of a muchness. We're still lacking creativty in midfield, a McPhail or Whitts with the vision to spot the pass.

Not going to resolve everything in one summer transfer window, but it tends to indicate what Morison seems to want; a destructive midfield. King over Bowen would tend to indicate that too.

I think that so far - with plenty of pre-season games to work out who coming in are starters, who are purely depth - the aim appears to be to bolster midfield and make us difficult to score against. I'm struggling to see where goals are coming from. Collins can score, it's just not clicking for him with us and has one foot out the door. Davies hamstring injury is concerning; whilst he's industrious and scored at u23 level, didn't really threaten to score much last season. Harris has an engine but isn't a goalscorer wherever he's been. I don't believe we've anyone at u23 level ready to step up at the moment, striker wise.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
The problem is that the players brought in are much of a muchness. We're still lacking creativty in midfield, a McPhail or Whitts with the vision to spot the pass.

Not going to resolve everything in one summer transfer window, but it tends to indicate what Morison seems to want; a destructive midfield. King over Bowen would tend to indicate that too.

I think that so far - with plenty of pre-season games to work out who coming in are starters, who are purely depth - the aim appears to be to bolster midfield and make us difficult to score against. I'm struggling to see where goals are coming from. Collins can score, it's just not clicking for him with us and has one foot out the door. Davies hamstring injury is concerning; whilst he's industrious and scored at u23 level, didn't really threaten to score much last season. Harris has an engine but isn't a goalscorer wherever he's been. I don't believe we've anyone at u23 level ready to step up at the moment, striker wise.
It will be interesting to see how Bowen plays against us on Tuesday. Based on the little I saw of him, I wasn't that impressed, but, in any event, I think that Eli King is a much better footballer anyway.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
It will be interesting to see how Bowen plays against us on Tuesday. Based on the little I saw of him, I wasn't that impressed, but, in any event, I think that Eli King is a much better footballer anyway.
Having seen them both with the u23s, think Bowen is the better footballer. I don't think many would've put King about Bowen or Patten at that level, tbh.

When Bowen played under McCarthy, he was looking to run with the ball, making runs beyond the strikers which is something we've lacked - and have done for quite a while. King looks a more physical player, an area we've already recruited in this season and in his first team appearances looked more lost than anything, one nice assist aside. If Morison wants his midfield to be more combative, disruptive then preferring King makes sense, but I've a horrible feeling releasing Bowen could well have been a mistake. Only time will tell.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Having seen them both with the u23s, think Bowen is the better footballer. I don't think many would've put King about Bowen or Patten at that level, tbh.

When Bowen played under McCarthy, he was looking to run with the ball, making runs beyond the strikers which is something we've lacked - and have done for quite a while. King looks a more physical player, an area we've already recruited in this season and in his first team appearances looked more lost than anything, one nice assist aside. If Morison wants his midfield to be more combative, disruptive then preferring King makes sense, but I've a horrible feeling releasing Bowen could well have been a mistake. Only time will tell.
welcome to the forum pointy head (please explaine:hehe:) :warnock:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
1657729307273.png

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

:hehe:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
You are very hard on our strikers. Poor old Glatzel was hounded out by your constant criticism and now Collins is set for pastures new. Who next?

:shrug:

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
You are very hard on our strikers. Poor old Glatzel was hounded out by your constant criticism and now Collins is set for pastures new. Who next?

:shrug:

No goals Harris. :hehe:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

TroggBlue

Ballon d’Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I can’t decide whether it’s the scarf or his head that looks as though it’s been photoshopped on there :sherlock:
It’s his head, the arms clearly belong to Aaron Ramsey who I’m told will be signing in the coming days

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Ojo played for Millwall last season.

18 appearances out of 28 matches in the Championship, 2 assists, no goals.

What concerns me more are some other stats.

He started 12 games and was taken off 11 meaning only played a whole 90 minutes once. That indicates Millwall saw him as a player who might do something but a main target to be replaced to change games. He came off the bench 6 times, was left on the bench 8 times - indicating Millwall didn't have confidence he could help shore a game up / change a game.

With the little production in those games, my concern is that seems to be a pattern of his entire career. Blows more cold than hot. If he's cheap depth, then I can understand that but if intended to be a main key for us this season all I can say is that if Morison targetted Jed Wallace and we ended up with Ojo, it'll be a long season.

I hope it's not the case that we needed a body, familiar with Ojo, available with little interest and cheap because I'd be furious if I were say Keiron Evans.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Ojo played for Millwall last season.

18 appearances out of 28 matches in the Championship, 2 assists, no goals.

What concerns me more are some other stats.

He started 12 games and was taken off 11 meaning only played a whole 90 minutes once. That indicates Millwall saw him as a player who might do something but a main target to be replaced to change games. He came off the bench 6 times, was left on the bench 8 times - indicating Millwall didn't have confidence he could help shore a game up / change a game.

With the little production in those games, my concern is that seems to be a pattern of his entire career. Blows more cold than hot. If he's cheap depth, then I can understand that but if intended to be a main key for us this season all I can say is that if Morison targetted Jed Wallace and we ended up with Ojo, it'll be a long season.

I hope it's not the case that we needed a body, familiar with Ojo, available with little interest and cheap because I'd be furious if I were say Keiron Evans.
Millwall and stats are an irrelevance. Square peg in round hole. Also, we were never going to get Jed Wallace, given our financial constraints, so no biggy there. :hehe:

Ojo had his best season here when we played with pretty much the style that Steve Morison is promoting. We saw last season that we can't rely exclusively on the youngsters and, in any event, Keiron Evans is no Sheyi Ojo on his 20/21 form for us.

Morison has shown that he is willing to give the academy lads a chance when appropriate and I would expect more of the same this next season.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now