Cardiff humiliated on final day of season as “we want you to stay” choruses still ring out.

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Tanner and Ashford shine amid last day gloom

Bob, I agree with pretty much every word of this. It's so obvious that our youngsters are better footballers than our experienced players. Of course we need "old heads" around them and need a solid experienced spine, but we must gradually give the youngsters much more game time. Will that happen if Bulut stays? I think we all know the answer.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Bob, I agree with pretty much every word of this. It's so obvious that our youngsters are better footballers than our experienced players. Of course we need "old heads" around them and need a solid experienced spine, but we must gradually give the youngsters much more game time. Will that happen if Bulut stays? I think we all know the answer.
I think it's bonkers he couldn't find room to start at least one more of the youngsters yesterday.

Didn't watch the game. Which kids came on and how long did they get?

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I think it's bonkers he couldn't find room to start at least one more of the youngsters yesterday.

Didn't watch the game. Which kids came on and how long did they get?
First thing to say is that the 2 youngsters who started were our best players by a country mile. Tanner had his best game in a city shirt. His passing was excellent and his interaction with Ashford was a treat. Ashford looks a very accomplished player. He's got vision, and no little skill. He made a couple of mistakes but mostly looked a real threat. Conte had the most game time of the younger subs - I'm not sure he is a full back but is good going forward. The Colwills didn't have much game time and by that time the match had disintegrated into a farce. Turnbull and Wintle were very poor. Romeo and Bowler were consistently torn apart on right.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
First thing to say is that the 2 youngsters who started were our best players by a country mile. Tanner had his best game in a city shirt. His passing was excellent and his interaction with Ashford was a treat. Ashford looks a very accomplished player. He's got vision, and no little skill. He made a couple of mistakes but mostly looked a real threat. Conte had the most game time of the younger subs - I'm not sure he is a full back but is good going forward. The Colwills didn't have much game time and by that time the match had disintegrated into a farce. Turnbull and Wintle were very poor. Romeo and Bowler were consistently torn apart on right.
When the youngsters play together they link up better than the supposed senior pros. Need to be given more of a chance and yesterday was a perfect opportunity - giving games to veterans hardly did us any favours did it?

Last edited:

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I only recall Ashford making two mistakes yesterday. He’s got composure on the ball and he has an awareness both on and off the ball of where his team mates and the opposition are that many of our senior players don’t. When you compare his performance yesterday to the likes of Bowler and the absolutely awful Diedhiou, it’s like chalk and cheese.
I’ve changed my mind about Bulut several times over the last couple of months, but it’s how he plans to use the youngsters that’s really concerning me. If the club were truly ambitious and wanted to bring the best out of them, then the answer is staring them in the face. Pay Steve Cooper whatever he wants.

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
When the youngsters play together they link up better than the supposed senior pros. Need to be given more of a chance and yesterday was a perfect opportunity - giving games to veterans hardly did us any favours did it?
Totally agree. But we all know Bulut was not going to do it. He frustrates me no end. I would not be disappointed if we kept him or let him go. If he does stay, i would wager Tanner, Rubin, Conte and Cian will not be in the starting line up on the first game of season. the 9 goals conceded in two games is not 'new contract' territory for me.
SJB

William Smith

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
💩 CRAP JOKE 2021 💩
Credits
Got slaughtered down the right Romeo struggled and certainly wasn't helped by the can't be fucked attitude from Bowler .NG for me is overrated ,but can't argue we missed him when he's absent .Simply because he does a decent defensive job .

DeadDeadGang

Youth Squad
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Personally I'd like the board or whoever makes these decision to sell NG for loads to Brentford or Forest and buy Drameh on the cheap. Leeds clearly don't want him and he was loved and brilliant at Cardiff.

Umut Bozok

Fallon D'Floor Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I only recall Ashford making two mistakes yesterday. He’s got composure on the ball and he has an awareness both on and off the ball of where his team mates and the opposition are that many of our senior players don’t. When you compare his performance yesterday to the likes of Bowler and the absolutely awful Diedhiou, it’s like chalk and cheese.

I thought he was outstanding but by about minute 50 he looked absolutely knackered and I was surprised he managed the full match.

Still did more offensively than anyone else for me though

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now