👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Another blow to the prestige of the greatest club cup competition in the world

FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards in 2024-25

All rounds of the Emirates FA Cup will also be played on weekends, including the fifth round which has been played in midweek for the past five seasons.

The changes come as part of a new six-year agreement between the Football Association (FA) and the Premier League.

The Premier League has also removed its mid-season break from the calendar.

Matches will start in mid-August following a consecutive three-week summer break instead of a shorter spell of rest in the winter, with the decision coming from "expert advice from medical and technical departments".

In its current format, the FA Cup has no replays from the fifth round onwards, but the FA says the move to eliminate them from an earlier stage has been made "in light of changes to the calendar driven by the expanded Uefa competitions".

Uefa launched the Europa Conference League in 2021 and the number of teams in the Champions League group stage will rise from 32 to 36 next season, while Fifa has announced an expanded 32-team Club World Cup for 2025.

Read more...

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I’m all for this. The whole enjoyment of cup competition is the fact it’s knock out.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I’m all for this. The whole enjoyment of cup competition is the fact it’s knock out.
I agree with that but funny how it's dictated by the clubs who have the biggest squads and are least impacted by replays

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
This is bollocks

The big boys of the PL getting their way, moaning about being bogged down about a fixture list yet happy to fuck off to India, UAE, USA on these friendly tours. Fuck them all.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Did you object to the money we made from the Arsenal replay in 2009 whilst still at NP?

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Did you object to the money we made from the Arsenal replay in 2009 whilst still at NP?
No not at all, they were the rules at the time. But a small club is equally as likely to get a big pay day if they’re drawn away to a big club as they are by getting a replay. I just think a one off game, a pure knockout, makes for a more exciting competition.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
No not at all, they were the rules at the time. But a small club is equally as likely to get a big pay day if they’re drawn away to a big club as they are by getting a replay. I just think a one off game, a pure knockout, makes for a more exciting competition.
Okay that’s your opinion. I quite like the FA Cup because it is a bit different from that “one off”.
The pundits will as well until their beloved top 6 may be caught up in it.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
I really wish the FA Cup was treated with the respect it deserves, this decision is just another nail in its coffin unfortunately.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
I really wish the FA Cup was treated with the respect it deserves, this decision is just another nail in its coffin unfortunately.
Winning the FA Cup means feck all now, it’s either PL or European Cup and that comes from those kents who wanted to stray away and do the Super League a couple of years back.

Happy to let them lot go mind, feck em, especially the likes of Tottenham, Man U and Arsenal who have been rubbish for years.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Winning the FA Cup means feck all now, it’s either PL or European Cup and that comes from those kents who wanted to stray away and do the Super League a couple of years back.

Happy to let them lot go mind, feck em, especially the likes of Tottenham, Man U and Arsenal who have been rubbish for years.
Let the cunt teams fuck off to the European league they want so much and let their plastic fans pay inflated prices for tv coverage until they realise they're just fucking customers and leave us in the EFL to restore the FA cup to its former glory until the cunt teams come crawling back.

Face Paint

Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Another blow to the prestige of the greatest club cup competition in the world

FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards in 2024-25

All rounds of the Emirates FA Cup will also be played on weekends, including the fifth round which has been played in midweek for the past five seasons.

The changes come as part of a new six-year agreement between the Football Association (FA) and the Premier League.

The Premier League has also removed its mid-season break from the calendar.

Matches will start in mid-August following a consecutive three-week summer break instead of a shorter spell of rest in the winter, with the decision coming from "expert advice from medical and technical departments".

In its current format, the FA Cup has no replays from the fifth round onwards, but the FA says the move to eliminate them from an earlier stage has been made "in light of changes to the calendar driven by the expanded Uefa competitions".

Uefa launched the Europa Conference League in 2021 and the number of teams in the Champions League group stage will rise from 32 to 36 next season, while Fifa has announced an expanded 32-team Club World Cup for 2025.

Read more...
Then there should be VAR at every fixture.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits

steve davies

Just a misunderstood slap head
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
The alternative is to introduce the system that the French use and thats where if a team in the top league draws a club two divisions below them at home then the fixture automatically gets switched to the lower division teams home ground so they get the income and advantage

Robin Friday's Ghost

First Team Regular
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits

It means nothing for a handful of clubs. Most of the PL and the whole of the EFL would view it as a fantastic achievement.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
The alternative is to introduce the system that the French use and thats where if a team in the top league draws a club two divisions below them at home then the fixture automatically gets switched to the lower division teams home ground so they get the income and advantage
That would work:thumbup:

Baker_

Youth Squad
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
It’s super frustrating getting a replay against a boring opponent, but I really feel sorry for the smaller teams. That’s the magic of the cup also.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now